Saturday, February 26, 2011

End of an era ...

The end came in early October, 2010 when I closed the doors on my studio at the Stutz. I spent 5 exhilarating years at the Stutz, but it was time to move on.

During those 5 years I learned many things, not the least of which was the fact that the life of a full-time artist wasn't for me. I really admire artists whose sole focus is their art: artists who spend hours alone each day, honing their craft and making art. Alas, that's not me.

With the closing of my studio at the Stutz, I redirected my energy back to a field that I have loved for more than 30 years: making meetings work as a facilitator leading participatory group processes.

I will always be an artist. I now have a smaller home studio and opportunities to exhibit my work in the Carmel Arts District. I am also one of 20 Indianapolis artists who are creating art for the Indianapolis Chamber Orchestra's Notable Arts Collection in the spring of 2011.

Life is good!

No comments: